Happy spring! It is so hard to believe that we are in the last trimester of the year. The children are working very hard every day.
We are continuing to celebrate Jesus’ new life. We will talk about the signs of new life Jesus brings us. We will also be learning that God created families, loves all families, and that every family member can show love to one another.
In Language Arts our theme will be Going Places. We will continue working on the short u sound as well as reviewing initial and final consonants. We will review the main idea, characters, and plot of a story. We will continue to practice using proper capitalization and punctuation. We will continue to work about writing questions. Our new words for this month are: blue, green, yellow, what, said, was, where, and come.
As we read stories we discuss:
- Look for the beginning, middle, and ending of a story.
- Look for the problem and solution in a story.
- Discuss if the story is fiction or non-fiction.
- Discuss the characters, setting, and main idea
- Tell if the story is reality or fantasy
In Math we will begin learning about addition and subtraction. We will work on number facts to 10. We will practice using the strategy of counting on and counting back to find the sum or difference. We will use symbols and numerals to write number sentences. We will review patterns. We will also begin learning about money.
Things to Practice
- Write first and last name.
- Practice writing all of the letters in the alphabet, both upper and lower case.
- Writing sentences with proper capitalization and punctuation.
- Practice writing numbers 1-30
- Practice adding and subtracting to 10 with the use of pictures or manipulatives
- Tying shoes
April 1st Easter
April 2nd No School for Easter Monday
April 3rd Spirit Wear Day
April 6th School Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00
April 7th Robotics Competition beginning at 9:00
April 10th Casual Photo Day; Easter Prayer Service at 9:00 presented by K, 1, and 2; Elder Care Talk hosted by the Franciscan Life Center at 6 pm; HSA meeting at 7pm
April 12th Pep Rally from 2:15 – 2:45
April 13th School Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; AUCTION at 6pm at the Aqua Turf in Southington
April 16th – 20th School Vacation
April 25th IOWAS begin for Grades 3rd – 7th
April 27th School Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00
April 30th – NYC Trip for BAND students
Words to Know
A am have I is little the to we my like he for an can in me with she of see look they you
are that do one two three four five
here go from blue green yellow what was said
was where come