Mrs. Geoffrey’s First Grade
Welcome to April and hopefully warmer weather with the new flowers and the singing birds. I cannot wait to see how absolutely outstanding the family reports will be. The class and I are excited to learn about many traditions, vacation spots, and nationalities that make us all unique!
Please enjoy this month and all of the warmth it will bring.
- April 1st Easter
- April 2nd No School for Easter Monday
- April 3rd Spirit Wear Day
- April 5th Dress Down Day for $1
- April 6th School Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00
- April 7th Robotics Competition beginning at 9:00
- April 10th Casual Photo Day; Easter Prayer Service at 9:00 presented by K, 1, and 2; Elder Care Talk hosted by the Franciscan Life Center at 6 pm; HSA meeting at 7pm
- April 12th Pep Rally from 2:15 – 2:45
- April 13th School Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; AUCTION at 6pm at the Aqua Turf in Southington
- April 16th – 20th School Vacation
- April 25th IOWAS begin for Grades 3rd – 7th
- April 27th School Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00
- April 30th – NYC Trip for BAND students
We will take a guided tour through Washington, D.C. The students will know so much, it will seem as if we were really there! We will the read a story called A Southern Ranch where the students will learn how much there is to do to become a real life cowboy or cowgirl! We will finish the month with Peter’s Chair about a little boy who does not want to give his old things to his new baby sister! We will work on /oa/, /ow/, and /igh/.
Students will work on numbers to 40 with patterns and ordering. They will then learn to add these numbers with the help of tens and ones. There will be regrouping! We will then work on money using pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters.
Students can bring in their completed autobiographies/family reports on or before April 25th. We will begin reading these on April 26th!