Catholic Schools’ Week was such a blast for everyone. We did so many fun and interesting things such as…
- Game Day with kindergarten and our parents
- Geography board game fun with Mrs. Karen’s 7th grade class
- Learning about the Sisterhood with Sister Francesca
- Completing our science project with Mr. Casey
- Attending Mass, Adoration, and the 6th Grade Prayer Service
- Chilis Family Eat Out Night
- Writing letters to government leaders
- February 1st Lower Wing talk with Sister Francesca at 1:00; Upper Wing talk with Sister Jeanne d’Arc at 1:40
- February 2nd School Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00
- February 6th Spirit Wear Day
- February 6th and 7th Science Fair
- February 8th Dress Down Day for those students who participated in our Open House; Early Dismissal at 1:05 for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- February 9th Mass at 9:00; Early Dismissal at 1:05 for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- February 13th NED Show at 9:15; HSA Meeting at 7:00
- February 14th Ash Wednesday Mass at 9:00
- February 15th Stations of the Cross at 9:00
- February 16th Early Dismissal at 1:05 for Teacher’s PD; Lenten Supper from 5:00 – 7:00
- February 17th Mother/Son Event at the Globetrotters Game in Hartford
- February 19th and 20th No School for Presidents’ Day
- February 22nd Stations of the Cross at 9:00
- February 23rd Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Lenten Supper from 5:00 – 7:00
- February 27th Fourth Grade Prayer Meditation at 9:00; Tentative – Classical Music Assembly: Upper Wing from 9:30 – 10:15 and Lower Wing from 10:30 – 11:00
- February 28th Dress Down Day for Make a Wish Foundation for $1
his unit is all about changes. We will read about how our community and the seasons change. We will also look at how mice, caterpillars, and seasons change. Our spelling words will show us how words can change. We will also learn about adding endings to words, adding a consonant to add /ed/ and /ing, and how /r/ changes the way vowels are said.
We will complete our chapter on addition and subtraction. We will then move to measurement with length, weight, capacity, and temperature.
One Hundred Day Celebration!
February 8th is our 100th day of school! We will have fun activities to celebrate this day. I am asking all students to bring in 100 items. The students must be able to carry it into school. They will share their project with their class to tell how they know that there are 100 items. In the past, students have built with 100 legos, counted 100 pennies, wrote 100 different ways to say ‘hello’, etc. Be creative!
Valentine’s Day Celebration
Students may bring in Valentines for the class on February 13th. As a reminder, there are 18 students in all with 8 girls and 10 boys. We are going to have a very small party while they pass them out. No special snacks need to be brought in.
Please feel free to email me at email@example.com. I will be happy to answer any questions.