Mrs. Geoffrey’s First Grade
This school year has just flown by. As I look back at all that the students have accomplished, I am truly amazed. They all have come such a long way. This is a spectacular class and I will dearly miss them as they move forward in their education. I am very proud to call them my “kids”! I wish them all the best and I am so excited to see what they will accomplish in the future!
As the year ends, I want to just thank every family member and family friends that have aided in the success of these children. Without you, these children would not be as wonderful as they are. Not only is this an intelligent class, but they are such great citizens. Every teacher, substitute teacher, or other visitor that came in over the year always reiterated that.
Along with missing the students, I will dearly miss you (parents) as well. Thank you again for all that you have done with helping in and out of the classroom. I am very grateful for all of the support that you have given me and the students over the year. The lining up of party food and activities, other items sent in without delay, and of course all the little treats you have sent my way.
Please see Mrs. McDonald’s and Mrs. McKenna’s website in the future for the second grade supply list and summer work. I will send out an email when they put theirs up.
- June 1st School Mass at 9:00 and Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00
- June 2nd Yard Goats Game at 6:00
- June 4th Play Day
- June 6th Rain date for Play Day
- June 7th Birthday Dress Down Day for students celebrating June 20th – 30th birthdays
- June 8th School Mass at 9:00 and Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00
- June 11th Birthday Dress Down Day for students celebrating July birthdays
- June 12th Birthday Dress Down Day for students celebrating August birthdays; Third Grade Parent Meeting at 3:30; Sports Banquet
- June 13th PreK 3 End of the Year Performance at 9:30; Fifth Grade Parent Meeting at 3:30
- June 14th Grade Eight Class Night at 5:30
- June 15th School Mass at 9:00 and Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Graduation at 5:30
- June 18th HSA Meeting at 6:00
- June 19th PreK 4 Program at 9:30
- June 20th School Mass at 9:00
- June 21st Last Day of School; 1:05 Dismissal
Our stories will be Tippy-Toe Chick, GO!, Mole and Baby Bird, Dot and Jabber, Simple Machines, Alexander Graham Bell, and Stone Garden. The students will have a lot of fun learning about the telephone, what parts make up machines, and planting. Our last story will show the students what can be done when a lot of people help each other.
We will continue to work on money. The students have had a lot of fun counting money, especially when we held our class store! Everything under $1.00! We will then move on to time, fractions, and then a review of all of our addition and subtraction concepts.
Play Day will be held June 6th. This will last all day. Each class will be wearing dress down clothes with a certain color shirt. Students may but do not have to wear their gym shorts. First grade will be wearing an orange shirt.
We will be doing activities inside and outside. Please make sure that your child brings in a water bottle that day to bring outside. Please make sure their name is on the bottle. If your child did not order a hamburger or hotdog, please make sure that they bring in a cold lunch. Also, please put suntan lotion on your child before school starts. Thank you to all parents who are volunteering to help out.
Our class will have our end of the year party on Tuesday, June 19th. Please contact the room mothers if you would like to help out.