Mrs. Galipault’s Third Grade
Things are busy for us in 3rd grade. There is so much we still have to do this year!
Some of our topics and events this month will include:
* We will continue learning about the Eucharist and preparing to receive this sacrament at the beginning of next month. We will continue learning about the parts of the Mass and important symbols in the Church to help us prepare.
*We will learn Metric and Customary Measurement in Math. We will also focus on some skills in Geometry.
* We will be continuing with Unit 5 in our Reading Street textbook. This unit is all about “Cultures”. We will be reading many different realistic fiction stories about unique cultures from around the world. The students have been enjoying these stories so much already!
* The SBS Auction will take place on April 13th! Bring your best 80’s clothes and join us for a wonderful night! I hope to see you there! I would like to say a huge thank you to the families who have taken out ads or who have secured sponsors for our class. We appreciate everything you do! Also, I’d like to say a special ‘Thank you’ to Mrs. LaFrance that has made our beautiful ‘Communion Class’ platter and bowl this year. I’m sure there will be a bidding war over them! Thank you also to all of the families who have donated an item, or money to our class basket!
* The students are working hard on their biography reports. I’ve heard so many good ideas and plans for presentations! I can’t wait to see them starting on April 23rd!
* This is a big year for 3rd graders with the start of IOWA testing! We will be reviewing what we have learned this year in preparation. Please also make sure that your students are practicing their math facts and reading each night. These are habits that will help them to be prepared to take these tests.
Please see the Calendar below for more details and important dates.
Please check here for our daily homework: Homework
My name is Kristen Galipault. I have a B.A. in History and Elementary Education from Anna Maria College and an M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Saint Joseph. This is my 4th year at SBS, but my 9thyear teaching. Some of my favorite things include reading, drawing, going on trips with my husband to explore new places and spending time with my dogs Dexter and Gracie. I also love watching baseball (Go Red Sox!) and going to the movies.