Mrs. Galipault’s Third Grade
I can’t believe that we about to celebrate the 100th day of school! The students are learning and growing so much!
Though this is a shorter month, it will be filled with so much! Some of our topics and events will include:
* The science fair which is Monday and Tuesday, February 6th and 7th. Stop in to see what all the grades are learning about in science! Our class had a fun time comparing different brands of popcorn!
* We are learning about Reconciliation in preparation to receive this sacrament on March 3rd!
*We will be learning about decimals, fractions, graphs and data collection in Math.
* We will discuss economics in Social Studies. The students are so interested in money and where it comes from and how it is used in everyday life!
* We’ve started Unit 4 in our Reading Street text book. This unit is all about being “One of a Kind”. We will use these stories to help us focus on what makes each of us so unique!
Please check here for our daily homework: Homework
- February 1st Lower Wing talk with Sister Francesca at 1:00; Upper Wing talk with Sister Jeanne d’Arc at 1:40
- February 2nd School Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00
- February 6th Spirit Wear Day
- February 6th and 7th Science Fair
- February 8th Dress Down Day for those students who participated in our Open House; Early Dismissal at 1:05 for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- February 9th Mass at 9:00; Early Dismissal at 1:05 for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- February 13th NED Show at 9:15; Class Valentine’s Day Party; HSA Meeting at 7:00
- February 14th Ash Wednesday Mass at 9:00
- February 15th Stations of the Cross at 9:00
- February 16th Early Dismissal at 1:05 for Teacher’s PD; Lenten Supper from 5:00 – 7:00
- February 17th Mother/Son Event at the Globetrotters Game in Hartford
- February 19th and 20th No School for Presidents’ Day
- February 22nd Stations of the Cross at 9:00
- February 23rd Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Lenten Supper from 5:00 – 7:00
- February 27th Fourth Grade Prayer Meditation at 9:00; Classical Music Assembly: Lower Wing from 10:20 – 11:00
- February 28th Dress Down Day for Make a Wish Foundation for $1
My name is Kristen Galipault. I have a B.A. in History and Elementary Education from Anna Maria College and an M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Saint Joseph. This is my 4th year at SBS, but my 9thyear teaching. Some of my favorite things include reading, drawing, going on trips with my husband to explore new places and spending time with my dogs Dexter and Gracie. I also love watching baseball (Go Red Sox!) and going to the movies.