Happy March. As be begin the special season of Lent the class will be filled with joy and devotion as as we prepare for the Easter holiday.
Pre- K Schedule
- 9:00 Table Activities
- 9:30 Circle Time
- 10:00 Snack Time
- 10:20 Faith
- 10:35 Small Groups ( Math/Language Arts)
- 11:30 Center time
- 12:00 Lunch ( Dismissal for 1/2 day students)
- 12:30-1:15 Rest Time/ Quiet time
- 1:15 Story time
- 1:30 Recess/ Center time
- 2:00 Small group ( social studies/ Science)
- 2:30 End of Day Circle Time
- 3:00 Dismissal
*Please note this is a general schedule and may change due to specials including: Library, Spanish, Art, Music and Gym.
This month we will be learning what Lent is, how we celebrate Lent and what happens after the fourty days of Lent. It is a very important time for all of us both in the classroom and community as we prepare for Easter Sunday.
We are continuing our study of the alphabet. This month we will focus our attention on the letter R, S, and T. Children will also be learning basic sight words, continue to engage in wonderful activities based around various books we are reading and practice basic book holding skills.
Through out the month we will also continue to work on writing our names in correct formation, tracing the letters of the alphabet and understanding uppercase and lowercase letters.
This month we will continue to learn about numbers. Students will have to compare two numbers and try to figure out which one is bigger. We will also continue to learn about different shapes, create fun images with them and work on our cutting skills!
This month we will be learning about the difference between living and non-living items. Children will learn how to understand the difference and the basic characteristics to look for.
This month we will focus on the holiday of St. Patrick’s Day. Children will engage in fun projects, sing alongs and stories to learn about the history of this special holiday.
Important Dates in March
- Reminders: Parent- teacher communication is very important. If at any time you would like to schedule a time to meet please email me. Also, please read the weekly newsletters recapping all the wonderful lessons which take place in the classroom as well as important information about events happening in and around the school.
Please view the supply list for PreK 4 students.
Students may bring the supplies with them on the visitation days in August or on the first day of school.