The end of the year is approaching quickly. The days are flying by in my favorite time of the year. We are so busy every minute of the day. We write and read every day! Below is a list of the words that your child should know. Please work on them throughout the summer.
In Math we will be working on addition & subtraction, fractions, time and money as we end our school year.
In Language Arts our theme will be Going Places. We will continue working on the short u sound as well as reviewing initial and final consonants. We will review the main idea, characters, and plot of a story. We will continue to practice using proper capitalization and punctuation. We will continue to work about writing questions.
As we read stories we discuss:
- Look for the beginning, middle, and ending of a story.
- Look for the problem and solution in a story.
- Discuss if the story is fiction or non-fiction.
- Discuss the characters, setting, and main idea
- Tell if the story is reality or fantasy
Things to Practice
- 1. Write first and last name.
- 2. Practice forming all of the letters in the alphabet, both upper and lower case.
- 3. Writing sentences with proper capitalization and punctuation.
- 4. Practice forming numbers 1-30
- 5. Practice adding and subtracting to 10 with the use of pictures or manipulatives
- Please be sure to check your child’s folder each Friday and return the folder the following Monday.
- Please label ALL clothing sent in.
- Please be sure to also label your child’s gym uniform. They are easily mixed up
- Important Dates:
- May 1st – May 12th: IOWA testing for Grades 3 – 7
- May 2nd: Spirit Wear Day
- May 4th: Transitional Meeting for PreK – Grade 2
- May 5th: School Mass at 9:00; Early Dismissal at 1:05 for Professional Development; Mother/Son Event at Camp Sloper
- May 6th: First Holy Communion for our 3rd Graders
- May 8th – 10th: Geography Fair
- May 9th: HSA Meeting at 7:00 pm
- May 12th: School Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Middle School Social
- May 16th: May Crowning presented by 3rd Grade at 9:30
- May 17th: NJHS Induction at 9:00
- May 18th: Piano/Violin Dress Rehearsal at 10:15 and Concert for families at 6:00 pm
- May 19th: School Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00: Dancin’-A-Thon from 3:30 – 7:00
- May 21st – 22nd: Eat Out Nights for Viron Rondo
- May 22nd – 26th: Scholastic Book Fair
- May 23rd: Kindergarten field trip to SCSU to see Pete the Cat
- May 24th: Band Concert Dress Rehearsal at 9:30 and Concert at 6:00 pm
- May 25th: Ascension Thursday Mass at 9:00; Grandparents’ Day
- May 26th: Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00
- May 28th: Memorial Day Parade
- May 29th: No school for Memorial Day
- May 30th: Sports Banquet
- May 31st: PLAY DAY!
- 80 ct. Baby wipes
- Paper towels
- Disinfecting wipes
- Sidewalk chalk
Words that we are currently focusing on in our reading and writing are:
a am have I is in it like little my to
at an the we he for me with she look
see they you of are that do one two three four five
here go from yellow blue green what said was where come