Our year is just flying by. I cannot believe that it is already March. During Lent, the students are trying to catch each other doing good deeds. Doing good deeds will continue to bring us closer to God during this season of waiting. We also discussed things that we are going to do to be a better person. My favorites from the class were… to stop being lazy, to keep promises, to stop fighting with our siblings, and to give up their iPad so they can spend more time with family. Please feel free to join us during Stations of the Cross and Lenten Suppers. Here are just a few other things that will be going on during the month.
- March 1st: Ash Wednesday Mass at 9:00
- March 2nd: Stations of the Cross at 9:00; End of the 2nd Trimester
- March 3rd: Adoration 1:00 – 4:00; Lenten Suppers 5:00 – 7:00
- March 6th: Stations of the Cross at 9:00
- March 7th: Spirit Wear Day
- March 9th: Early Dismissal at 1:05 for Conferences
- March 10th: Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Early Dismissal at 1:05 for Conferences; Lenten Suppers from 5:00 – 7:00
- March 14th: Stations of the Cross at 9:00; HSA Meeting at 7:00
- March 17th: Mass at 9:00; Irish Step Dancers at 1:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Lenten Suppers from 5:00 – 7:00
- March 22nd: Second Grade Prayer Meditation at 9:00
- March 23rd: Stations of the Cross at 9:00
- March 24th: Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Lenten Suppers from 5:00 – 7:00
- March 28th: No School due Teachers’ Faith Conference
- March 30th: Stations of the Cross at 9:00
- March 31st: Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Lenten Suppers from 5:00 – 7:00
- April 3rd: Stations of the Cross at 9:00
Our reading stories this month will be about how we can find treasures at home, within stories, in our neighborhoods, and around the country. Our phonics series will go through the rest of the long vowel sounds!
During March we will learn about weight, a review of addition and subtraction, and then money. Please make sure that your child is reviewing pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. The students should be able to add these coins together up to $1.00.
The students and each family will create a simple family report to bring into the class for March 31st. Students will use the packet to tell about themselves, their family, and their family culture. It is a longer project, so please make sure that you are spacing the packet out. Have your child do a page a week and they will be all set!
Please see the attachment below for the information, rubric, and printable copies of the report.
May you all enjoy a peaceful and prayerful Lent