Mrs. Galipault’s Third Grade
This year is going by so quickly! The students are learning and growing every day!
We are very excited about receiving our First Reconciliation this Saturday, March 4th! The students have been working hard to prepare.
Some of our topics and events this month will include:
*We will continue keeping our Lenten Journals throughout the rest of the season. The students will continue reflecting on how they can come closer to God during this time of our Church year.
*We will continue praying the Stations of the Cross as a school community.
*We will be learning about time, temperature and measurement in Math.
* We will be reviewing Unit 4 and starting Unit 5 in our Reading Street textbook. This unit is all about “Cultures”. We will be reading many different realistic fiction stories about unique cultures from around the world.
*The students are working hard on writing and eventually publishing autobiographies about their lives so far.
- March 1st: Ash Wednesday Mass at 9:00
- March 2nd: Stations of the Cross at 9:00; End of the 2nd Trimester
- March 3rd: Adoration 1:00 – 4:00; Lenten Suppers 5:00 – 7:00
- March 4th: First Reconciliation 10:00 am
- March 6th: Stations of the Cross at 9:00
- March 7th: Spirit Wear Day
- March 9th: Early Dismissal at 1:05 for Conferences
- March 10th: Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Early Dismissal at 1:05 for Conferences; Lenten Suppers from 5:00 – 7:00
- March 14th: Stations of the Cross at 9:00; HSA Meeting at 7:00
- March 17th: Mass at 9:00; Irish Step Dancers at 1:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Lenten Suppers from 5:00 – 7:00
- March 22nd: Second Grade Prayer Meditation at 9:00
- March 23rd: Stations of the Cross at 9:00
- March 24th: Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Lenten Suppers from 5:00 – 7:00
- March 28th: No School due Teachers’ Faith Conference
- March 30th: Stations of the Cross at 9:00
- March 31st: Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Lenten Suppers from 5:00 – 7:00
- April 3rd: Stations of the Cross at 9:00
My name is Kristen Galipault. I have a B.A. in History and Elementary Education from Anna Maria College and an M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Saint Joseph. This is my 3rd year at SBS, but my 8thyear teaching. Some of my favorite things include reading, drawing, going on trips with my husband to explore new places and spending time with my dogs Dexter and Gracie. I also love watching baseball (Go Red Sox!) and going to the movies.