Happy May! This month is filled with so many activities.
- Reminder: 1st Communion will be held on Saturday, May 6th at 10:00 a.m. There will be one evening practice that the students will need to attend Tuesday May 2nd. For 1st Communion, girls should have a white dress. Boys will wear dark pants (black or dark blue), a white shirt and a white tie. (Suit jackets can be worn before or after for your pictures, but not during the Mass) Please also keep in mind that students should not have anything covering their hands (no gloves for girls) and they should not be carrying anything.
- ** Students not making 1st Communion with us are very welcome to still attend Mass that day and watch their classmates receive this sacrament! They do not need to come to the practice.
- 3rd Grade CCD Mass – Everyone is invited back on Sunday, May 7th for the 3rd grade CCD Mass. This is something SBS students do in conjunction with all of the CCD classes at St. Bridget. The children are asked to wear their Communion clothing again so that the Parish can also join in the celebration of this important sacrament. They love seeing the kids in their Communion clothes and seeing them all participate in the Mass!
- Tuesday, May 16th the 3rd grade will have our annual May Crowning Prayer Service! This is a very special Prayer Service that the 3rd grade classes have the privilege of sharing with the school community each year. At this Prayer Service, we crown Mary. We also have a special breakfast that follows. This is another time that students will wear their 1st Communion outfits. If your student is not receiving Communion they are still included as an important part of our prayer service. We ask that they wear light colored clothing (white shirts for boys with a tie and light colored dresses – nothing too fancy – for the girls). More information on this will be coming, as well as a formal invitation for you to the breakfast (which is put on each year by 1st and 2nd grade parents).
HOMEWORK: Please check my homework web page link below:
- May 1st – May 12th: IOWA testing for Grades 3 – 7
- May 2nd: Spirit Wear Day
- May 4th: Transitional Meeting for PreK – Grade 2
- May 5th: School Mass at 9:00; Early Dismissal at 1:05 for Professional Development; Mother/Son Event at Camp Sloper
- May 6th: First Holy Communion for our 3rd Graders
- May 8th – 10th: Geography Fair
- May 9th: HSA Meeting at 7:00 pm
- May 12th: School Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00; Middle School Social
- May 16th: May Crowning presented by 3rd Grade at 9:30
- May 17th: NJHS Induction at 9:00
- May 18th: Piano/Violin Dress Rehearsal at 10:15 and Concert for families at 6:00 pm
- May 19th: School Mass at 9:00; Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00: Dancin’-A-Thon from 3:30 – 7:00
- May 21st – 22nd: Eat Out Nights for Viron Rondo
- May 22nd – 26th: Scholastic Book Fair
- May 24th: Band Concert Dress Rehearsal at 9:30 and Concert at 6:00 pm
- May 25th: Ascension Thursday Mass at 9:00; Granparents’ Day
- May 26th: Adoration from 1:00 – 4:00
- May 28th: Memorial Day Parade
- May 29th: No school for Memorial Day
- May 30th: Sports Banquet
May 31st: PLAY DAY!
As always if there are any questions or concerns please contact me either by email, phone, or folder notes.